Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Little Update and a Future Projection.

Hello Everyone!  I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.  School starts on Tuesday for us so life is a frenzy right now!  But, I have been busy stitching and crafting a little bit too!

First, here is a current pic of my Enchanted Mermaid taken at a minor league baseball game this afternoon.  I had my own personal Stitch and Pitch :)

 
So far, I LOVE how the colors are working on the fabric!  I named the fabric Mermaid's Seas.  Thank you to Cassie for helping with the name!
 
Here is a pic of how she will hopefully look when she's done.  I used PC Stitch to work her conversion out and while it took forever to enter the chart, I like that I can manipulate the pattern so easily.  Unfortunately, PC Stitch does not support Caron Waterlilies, Rainbow Gallery Threads, or Delicas so I had to get as close as I could with DMC, Kreinik and Mill Hill.  But I still think it is a pretty good idea of how she'll look.
 
 
My husband has named her Buttercup.  He says her crown makes her look a lot like Buttercup from the movie The Princess Bride and I have to agree. 
 
Another thing I did this week was a new fob for my new scissors.  They are cotton candy scissors with a plastic sheath and they are my third pair of these little scissors.  Of course, I've lost the sheathes for the first two pairs so I designed a little fob that would connect the sheath to the scissors.
 
 
I am looking for a wholesale supplier for the scissors so I can sell them together. 
 
Small reminder:  My contest to name my individual dyed fabrics ends tomorrow evening.  I will pick my top three and the winner will receive an eighth of Mermaid's Seas on 32 Lugana and the two runners up will also get a small prize.  You can enter by commenting on the post in my Facebook group for Under The Sea Fabrics.
 
Thanks for reading and looking!  TTFN!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment