Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Insanity Continues...

Hey Everyone!  Here are the next 5 projects I started in my 15 Day Insanity Challenge.  I'll post the last 5 in a few days.

Day 6: Poppy by Nora Corbett on Tarnished Silver Opal Cashel by UTSF.  I've had help from my lovely friend Karen in recharting her torso to remove the wings and I love how it's coming together.  Side Note: She's taken to calling my a Pixie Plucker because I want to remove the wings from most of the pixies.

Day 7: Brilliant Mermaid by Dome on Calypso's Cay by UTSF.  It doesn't look like I stitched much because I ended up frogging quite a bit and I just had to put it down for awhile.

Day 8: Peacock Alphabet by Just Nan on Looking Glass Opal Belfast by UTSF.  Not much done due to a busy busy dye day.  Looking forward to going back to it though.

Day 9: Peacock Majesty by Just Nan on Looking Glass Opal Belfast by UTSF.  LOVE this piece!  It's been so fun and quick to stitch.  Since this picture was taken, I've stitched 2 more bands of the 15 so I'm about one third done.  I converted all of the colors to silks I had in my stash.

Day 10: Sirens of the Sea by Just Nan on Emerald Grotto by UTSF.  Another busy day without much stitching...

10 down, 5 to go...

I've worked on and off on different projects but so far I've tried to concentrate on Poppy.  This is how she looks now and I love her so much!

My goal is to finish the bustle and backstitch all of her skin tonight. Stitching with the reds is so much fun!

Also, I'm trying to find just the pattern or the full kit for Just Nan's Keep a Little Secret.  Here's a picture.

If you have one to sell or trade, comment or shoot me an email!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2014 in Review... And Insanity in 2015!

I hope Everyone had a Happy Holiday and a fun and safe New Year!  

2014 was so much fun!  I made some awesome new stitchy friends and spent some time with some old ones.  I also had a fairly productive year!  Because of all of you and your support, Under the Sea Fabrics just keeps growing!  And I've finished more projects this year then ever before!  

Here's a few finishes I've had to keep under wraps because they were Christmas Presents.

Charbleu by Needle Delights Originals.  It's counted canvas and I used whatever threads I had in my Stash.

Hidden Treasures Pirate Map by Lynn Nicoletti.  I've been working on this for awhile for The Husband and I love the Jolly Roger frame I chose for it.

And We The People by the Ship's Manor.  This was a quick stitch!

And here is a pic of all of my 2014 Finishes!  I really feel like a lot got done :)

My Friend Kenny has talked me into starting 15 projects in the first 15 days of 2015!  Crazy right?!?!?!?!  So here are the ones I have planned.  Might Slip a few more in or switch them around.  

Today is Day Seven so I've started 7 already but I'll start off with Days One through Five in this post. 

Day One: Mermaid of Atlantis by Mirabilia Designs on   Midnight Mermaid from Under the Sea Fabrics.

Day Two: Circle of Friends by Mirabilia Designs on a Jewel by Under the Sea Fabrics.   

Day Three: Twisted Band Sampler Color Conversion on Looking Glass by Under the Sea Fabrics.  I'm converting the colors to Peacock-y colors and Band One is done in Black Forest Waterlilies and Band Two is almost done in Pine Forest Waterlilies.

Day Four: Mermaids of the Deep Blue Color Conversion on Calypso's Cay by Under the Sea Fabrics.  I am changing them to Grey and Purple and really kind of doing the conversion on the fly so the floss toss isn't accurate.

And lastly, Day Five: Alessandra Adelaide Designs Advent Calender SAL 2015 Stitched with Cardinal and Emerald Waterlilies on Looking Glass by Under the Sea Fabrics.  

Wow!  That was A LOT!  Well, in a couple of days, I'll post days six through ten.  TTFN!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Stitchin' and Cruisin'!

Hello All!  I'm home from the beautiful Bermuda Triangle where we visited Freeport and Nassau Bahamas and also spent a few days at Universal Studios Florida.  It was a fun trip but it is indeed nice to be home... (even though we came home to freezing temperatures and snow! Ack!)

Here are a few pics from the trip:

Lots of Bahamas pics!  Look how blue the water is!  And the sand was so white!

And here are a few from Universal Studios.  I loved every minute at Hogwarts and Diagon Alley!  I'm such a Harry Potter Fan!

It was so cool to see all the places I'd read about!  And the rides were fun too.  I even got a few pins to make into Needleminders for my collection...

Speaking of collection, I was given some super lovely Birthday Gifts from some wonderful friends!

Handmade Scarf and Soap from Sindy:

Mermaid Envelope (the mermaid was stitched by Julie and the envelope constructed by Karen) with my FAVORITE chocolate ever from Quebec.

Awesome needleminder and gifts from my local Secret Stitcher:

The perfect Card and gift card from Sherry:

My friends truly spoiled me for my birthday!  And now, a WIP pic.  I'm slowly working on Sunflower Fairy.  All I have left is her flower petals which are proving a little tedious.

The second pic is a slightly better picture of the fabric which is really warm and beautiful!
Well, TTFN!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mermaid Undine is Finished!

Well, it took a month longer than I'd planned but I finished Mermaid Undine by Mirabilia Designs.

She is stitched on Lilypad Opal Cashel from Under the Sea Fabrics.  As you can see, I brightened the colors a little and substituted Swarovski Crystals for the larger Mill Hill Beads.  I wish I had taken more pics but The Husband kinda rushed me near the end.  I'll take some better pics this weekend.

I also made a few scissor fobs for the Under the Sea Fabrics cruise next month.

I think they came out really cute!  TTFN!