Saturday, March 10, 2012

St. Patricks Day is Coming a Little Early This Year!

Hello Everyone!  It has been a cold, rainy dreary few days here in San Antonio.  Because of that, I have no new pics to show you. :(  I've made some progress but the light is just not good enough to take pics.  So instead, I'm going to share some recipes :)  Next Saturday is St. Patrick's Day but my family is celebrating today.  I'm cooking Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, Cornbeef and Cabbage, Colcannon, and homemade Irish Cream. I hope that if you try these recipes, you like them as much as we do!

Corn Beef and Cabbage (**and Colcannon**)
 2 Cornbeef briskets (i get the biggest ones I can find so I have plenty of leftovers for Cornbeef hash)
1 large head of green cabbage
1 cup of Jameson's Irish Whiskey
1 16 oz. can of Guinness
4 cloves of garlic

Place all ingredients (except cabbage) and the cornbeef seasoning packets in a large roasting pan and braise for 4-5 hours at 250 degrees.  Turn the meat over after about 2 hours.  Remove from the oven and set aside.  Cut the cabbage apart into small leaves and rinse.  Place in a large pot over medium heat and add two ladles of the juice from the Cornbeef.  Cover and simmer until it reaches desired wilted texture. 
**To make colcannon, mix some of the cabbage with mashed potatoes.**

This cornbeef recipe so sooo good and the scent will drive you crazy while it's cooking!  The alcohol tenderizes the briskets and it eventually cooks off so it won't leave you drunk after eating :)

Homemade Irish Cream
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
1 and 1/4 cup of Jameson's Irish Whiskey.

Mix all ingredients in and blender.  Keep refridgerated and shake before serving.

I hope everyone enjoys these recipes!  First sunny day, I'll take some pics and show some progress!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment